Sunday 19 January 2014

Toy - Join The Dots [12", 2LP]


One of the last albums i bought in 2013 was the new album by TOY, called JOIN THE DOTS. I was quite excited about this release, because i liked their self-titled debut album a lot. It even became third in my yearlist of 2012. This one came in too late for my 2013 yearlist, but it wouldn't have ended up in the top 10 anyway: somewhere inbetween number 11-20, i recon. It is certainly not a bad album though. It's just that there were so many good albums coming out in 2013. It's once again an excellent mix of krautrock, psychedelic rock and a little bit of shoegaze.I guess that the title track is my favourite song of the album; a hypnotizing uptempo tune. Didn't manage to catch them live during last year, so that's on my to-do-list for 2014 then.

Label: Heavenly
Cat.nr.: HVNLP102
Year of release: 2013

SIDE A:
01. Conductor
02. You Won't Be The Same
03. As We Turn

SIDE B:
01. Join The Dots
02. To A Death Unknown
03. Endlessly

SIDE C:
01. It's Been So Long
02. Left To Wander
03. Too Far Gone To Know

SIDE D:
01. Frozen Atmosphere
02. Fall Out Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment