Monday 18 May 2015

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine - 1992 The Love Album [12", LP]

I used to have this album by CARTER THE UNSTOPPABLE SEX MACHINE as a cassette tape, which i bought in Turkey (!) on summer holiday in the year it came out. Played it until it got all stuck in my cassette deck at some point a few years later, and strangely enough i'd almost forgotten about how genius it is until i discovered it recently at the Utrecht record fair. So for the past few weeks, it's been spinning a lot on my record player. 1992 THE LOVE ALBUM is a trip down memory lane for me and i was completely surprised that i could sing along most of the cynical and witty lyrics of these bombastic electronic punky songs after 20+ years. Even though a couple of my mates are big fans I must shamefully admit i never bothered to check out Carter's other albums. So besides a few singles like "Sheriff Fatman" and "Bloodsport For All" i don't know much other music of this band. I think that needs to change soon; better late than never.

Label: Chrysalis
Cat.nr.: CHR 1946
Year of release: 1992

SIDE A:
01. 1993
02. Is Wrestling Fixed?
03. The Only Living Boy In New Cross
04. Suppose You Gave A Funeral And Nobody Came
05. England

SIDE B:
01. Do Re Me, So Far So Good
02. Look Mum, No Hands!
03. While You Were Out
04. Skywest And Crooked
05. The Impossible Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment