Friday 19 October 2012

Slowdive - Just For A Day [12", LP]


When i wrote earlier about the reissue of JUST FOR A DAY on the Music On Vinyl label, this original pressing on Creation Records was not in my possession yet. But i recently got my hands on it, an it's great to have it of course. I'm not that much of an audiophile that i'll do a comparison test between the two versions, as they sound equally good to me. Perhaps my MOV version sounds a tiny bit better but that's probably got to do with the fact that it's newer vinyl and my copy of the original could use a vinyl-cleaning treatment. But this is a classic SLOWDIVE album of course that belongs in every serious shoegaze vinyl collection.


Label: Creation Records
Cat.nr.: CRE LP 094
Year of release: 1991

SIDE A:
01. Spanish Air
02. Celia's Dream
03Catch The Breeze
04. Ballad Of Sister Sue
05. Erik's Song

SIDE B:
01. Waves
02. Brighter
03. The Sadman
04. Primal

No comments:

Post a Comment