Tuesday 19 June 2012

School Of Seven Bells - Disconnect From Desire [12”, 2LP]


The second full length by SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS was released in 2010. My copy is of the European pressing on grey/black marbled vinyl on Full Time Hobby; in the USA it was released on Vagrant and that edition was white/black marbled. Compared to their first album Alpinisms, DISCONNECT FROM DESIRE is more danceable and pop-orientated. More rhythmic, if you want. After SVIIB having released 3 albums at the time I’m writing this, I think it’s only fair to say that this is my least favourite one. Certainly not a bad album but for some reason the magic of Alpinisms disappeared a little with Disconnect From Desire as far as i'm concerned. I’m glad they got it back with Ghostory, which was released a few months ago.

Label: Full Time Hobby
Cat.nr.: FTH094LP
Year of release: 2010

SIDE A:
01. Windstorm
02. Heart Is Strange
03. Dust Devil

SIDE B:
01. I L U
02. Babelonia

SIDE C:
01. Joviann
02. Camarilla

SIDE D:
01. Dial
02. Bye Bye Bye
03. The Wait

No comments:

Post a Comment